1. In order for a community of practice to proceed it should have four or more participants. Community of Practices which do not meet this eligibility requirement may be asked to participate in an alternative group.
2. Any exceptions (3 or less) must be presented to the CofP development team for acceptance prior to the first formal day.
3. Must be open to all RVS Staff to participate, singular or closed groups are not considered Communities of Practice.
4. If this CofP is continuing from a previous year, how is this proposal different or an extension from last years work. Details may be requested prior to approval.
5. Identify the RVS 21st Century Competencies in which this CofP will focus on during this investigation.
- Each Community of Practice must include elements in the following categories:
A. Identify the Inquiry Question:
- Should be a concise and meaningful higher-order question, not a yes/no question
- Be stated in common language; be concise; be meaningful; not already have a preconceived “answer”.
B. Collection of Data:
- What artifacts questionnaires, journals, photographs, interviews etc. are planned for this CofP Study?
C. Interpretation of Data:
- How has your understanding of 21st Century competencies deepened through this study?
- How were the Continua for 21st Century Competencies helpful in implementing these attributes?
- In what ways did you apply this continua to your curricula area?
- What action are you going to implement, as a result? (act on the evidence, not on a “hunch”.)
D. Professional Reflections:
- How is this professional study/learning enhancing
a) Your instructional practice / professional practice
b) Student learning in your classroom?
c) As a support staff member, how is this professional study enhancing your role and responsibilities in supporting your jurisdictional work as a whole?
To create a community of practice you will need to know your GroupWise username and password. (If you experience issues accessing the site please contact your school technologist or Scott Mahan).
Please follow the "Quick Links" step by step guide to create your Community of Practice. "Quick Links" is located on the left hand side of all pages on this site.
- Once a Community of Practice has been created the “creator or facilitator” will be responsible for the following elements:
- Send initial welcome and introduction communication to registered participants for first CofP day (Step Five)
- Secure a location for first CofP day
- Provide information relating to the proposed work to be done on the first CofP day: e.g. location, materials to bring, start-up goals, etc.
- Be the point of contact for all communications from the CofP Development team/CofP Leads.
- Be the point of contact for the sharing of CofP reflections and artifacts.