Registering to a Community of Practice and your role & responsibility
Consider the following when selecting your Community of Practice:
1. Which CofP will enhance your RVS professional role?
2. Does this CofP best align with your jurisdictional, school based and personal professional goals?
3. Will this study enhance your students' learning?
4. Will this study enhance your "working" practice?
5. What will/can you bring to this CofP study?
To register in a 2015-2016 Community of Practice you will need to login to the Rocky View Schools registration system (RVSPL) using your GroupWise username and password. (https://register.rockyview.ab.ca)
Follow the steps outlined in the "Quick Links" navigation on the lefthand side of this page.
- click " Step Two" - Review Created Communities" on the left hand navigation pane; review communities that have already been created and select a good fit for your professional goals. Please record the community information and proceed to the next step.
- click “Step Three" - "Register-join a Community of Practice” on left hand navigation pane;
- complete registration by clicking join.– you will now see your community in the "my communities" field
- Introducing yourself to the community creator/facilitator and stating how you will be contributing to this group and what you hope to achieve for your professional learning.
- Ensuring your professional goals are aligned with your chosen Community of Practice.
- Sharing your professional learning within the Community and contributing to the group reflections and artifact creation. Learn more
If you need to make changes to your Registration after October 2nd, 2016
****(changes after 4pm Oct 2nd, 2016 must be approved by your principal / supervision and a member of the CofP development committee)